Hi pals and gals!
We’re Art Is Hard, aka Pip and Rebecca, and we’d like to welcome y’all to our tenancy with Crapshoot!
If you’re wondering who we are, you may recognize us from such projects as The People’s Gallery at The Rhubarb Festival, Flip The Table at the Toronto Fringe Festival, or Blanket Fort at The Theatre Centre. Maybe either one of us production managed a show or festival you were a part of. Maybe Rebecca did design work for it. Maybe Pip explained to you what production management even was.
Through our curatorship at Crapshoot, we are interested in seeing work that animates spaces while building a sense of community and play. We are also particularly interested in work that explores experiences outside of the conventional theatrical experience. We are interested in considering work from artists of all disciplines: dance, music, performance, installation, visual arts. Work that engages the audience in an active way will also be considered positively.
For our inaugural Crapshoot, we’d like to celebrate our partnership by showcasing some partnerships of your own!
CRAPSHOOT 17-18 #1: PALS
- PARTNERS: You must be working in partnership with one or more other artists. This collaboration must involve equal contributions from all members of the team.
- All performative work should be presentable within an 8-minute slot. We will accommodate all different forms of presentation to the best of our ability, but there may be some limitations posed by the structure of the night.
- We will discuss details for presentation of non-performative work with individual applicants on a case-by-case basis.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com and must include:
- Your names
- Name of your piece
- Description of the piece that should include
- a brief paragraph describing the piece
- any supporting materials for your piece: sample text, images, mp3 files, sketches, etc, etc.
- Contact information for your primary contact (phone and email)
Application Deadline: Monday, Sept 11, 8pm
Notification Deadline: Wednesday, Sept 13, 8pm
Showtime: Friday, Sept 22
WE’RE SO EXCITED TO MEET YOU ALL! We’re looking forward to a thrilling season of new works and new pal.
Yours in production,
Pip & Rebecca
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.