Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators
Through the Ontario Arts Council, the Recommender Grant for Theatre Creators (formerly the Theatre Creator’s Reserve Program) assists Ontario-based professional theatre artists, and informal collectives of creators, by funding them to create new work. This is a third-party recommender program; meaning, applications are made to and funding decisions are made by Theatre Passe Muraille.
Theatre Passe Muraille accepts submissions from all Ontario artists. While we accept script based proposals it should be noted that we give special priority to collaborative creation projects, emerging artists and multidisciplinary theatre creators. Applicants may request between $1000 and $5000, however we tend to grant smaller sums in order to fund more projects. We will accept the submission of one project per artist.
We are particularly interested in projects that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Diversity inclusive of: Form, Content, Method of Creation, Identity of Creators.
- New Career Artists.
- Work Critical of the Status Quo.
- Multidisciplinary and Collectively created projects.
- Emerging and marginal voices
Submissions are currently Open: Deadline – December 24th 2017
Send your application either by email to email@example.com,
or, by mail to:
ATTN: Jivesh Parasram
Theatre Passe Muraille
16 Ryerson Avenue
Please note: We greatly encourage you to review the eligibility criteria as per the OAC website – we specifically remind applicants to note the section titled “What this program does not fund” which includes:
- Creation of non-theatre work – e.g. film, radio or TV, fiction, poetry, etc.
- Workshop costs
All applications are reviewed but we cannot recommend you if your activity is for any of the above.
- A completed copy of the OAC application form. (Three copies if in print, One copy if digital)
Application form available here
- Your project proposal, including the description and development history of the project to date and your rationale for applying for an endorsement from TPM (a maximum of two pages)
- A current CV for all key collaborators.
- Up to 15 pages of support material (if applicable), or links to/copies of video documentation for work that is non text-based
(Note: We will accept unconventional support materials, however clarity is essential in assessing applications. Please contact us with questions.)
- Any information, documentation or media that will provide us with further understanding of your project (if applicable).
Please email submissions to Jiv Parasram, Associate Artistic Producer
Subject heading : “Theatre Creator Reserve” | firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for email submissions: December 24th 2017 11:59pm
If possible, please format all materials into one pdf document named in the format: Lastname.Firstname.TCR.pdf or collectivename.TCR.pdf
(eg Kong.Donkey.TCR.pdf / rockcollective.TCR.pdf)
If you would like to submit by standard mail, please email to indicate this preference. Note that all mailed applications must be postmarked no later than December 2th 2017.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.