RENT THE BACKSPACE THEATRE
Theatre Passe Muraille’s Backspace theatre is an intimate black-box studio space within our designated heritage building, just Northeast of Queen & Bathurst. The Backspace has a maximum seating capacity of 55 (bleacher-style seating).
To inquire about rental availability for TPM’s Backspace Theatre, please complete the Backspace Rental Application Form below and email it to email@example.com.
BACKSPACE RENTAL REQUEST FORM
Not-for-profit rate: $1,350.00 per week plus HST.
Commercial rate: $1,650.00 per week plus HST.
Basic rental rates include:
• 40 hours of Technician time per week
• In-house Lighting & Sound Equipment
• Box office services
• Front of House Staffing for all performances within TPM’s regular schedule
• One private dressing room & a shared greenroom backstage
Additional fees include:
• Staffing costs for lighting hang/load in or strike
• Third-Party Insurance (proof of insurance required prior to load-in)
• FOH Staffing fees for any scheduled performances that divert from TPM’s regular schedule (Wed-Sat @ 7:30 pm, Sat & Sun Matinees @ 2 pm)
• Additional tech time outside of 40 hours are subject to infringement costs, and additional technicians are generally charged at a rate of $22/hr plus HST per technician.
*Theatre Passe Muraille is a supporter of independent theatre companies, and as such, we primarily rent out our theatre spaces by the week to independent not-for-profit companies at subsidized rates. Priority is given to weekly rentals, though on occasion and depending upon availability, we are sometimes able to rent out our spaces for individual events — including film shoots, workshops, festivals, and corporate presentations. Please fill out the rental application form to enquire about individualized daily rental rates.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.